Tuesday, December 9, 2008

The state of things

So I am sitting here at work as my right eye swells and waters and turns red. I have no idea how it started but it is definitely getting worse. I have a ton to do so I cannot really go home, but I did try calling Kaiser at which time I was informed there were no appointments to see any doctor today and that they would call me to set something up as soon as possible. I don't understand that at all. What exactly am I supposed to do? Should I go into the office and drain my eye juices all over the receptionist until she can find some room to squeeze me in? How do people make their health insurance work for them? I stand by my belief that Kaiser is the McDonald's of health care, it is convenient, you know what you are getting, but it is never really that satisfying.


For those that are interested here is the current state of things:


*EDIT* I have an appointment at 1:50 today with my actual Primary Care Physician!!!

1 comment:

Pam said...

My guess is pink eye or conjunctivitis. I caught it from the girls when they were little and it really is painful, not to mention annoying. Glad you could get into the doctor. Let me know how it turns out.